Sign Permits

Permits are necessary for the placement of ground, roof and wall signs in the Town of Union  The requirements for signs vary based on the zoning of the property and whether the signs are business or for advertising purposes. A site plan showing the existing buildings and structures is required as well as a diagram of the sign detailing the height, size and lettering of the proposed signs. Large signs require engineering drawings to ensure that the signs are in compliance with building codes. It is suggested that you call for an appointment when applying for a sign permit

Political signs do not require a permit however the Town of Union has specific requirements when placing them.