The Town Of Union Highway Dept. has a staff of 40 people responsible for providing the following services:
- Fleet management of over 160 vehicles.
- Street paving and reconstruction.
- Cleaning and repairing catch basins.
- Traffic signal and sign maintenance.
- Beginning the 2nd full week of April until the end of June, tree limbs from minor trimming or storm damage with a diameter between 2" - 6" stacked neatly with the larger end facing the street can be chipped by calling 786-2958. Fall chipping will commence the first full week of September and run until the 1st week of October.
NOTE: Chipping is provided as a courtesy and we only allow approximately 5 minutes per stop.
The following will not be chipped:
- Any tree take down by homeowner or contractor.
- Any trees/branches from land or lot clearing.
- Tree or shrub roots or any logs larger than 6"
- Any branches less than 2" in diameter, must be tied in a manageable bundle, no longer than 6' in length, weighing no more than 50 lbs., this will be collected by the Refuse Dept. as yardwaste (see Refuse Dept. web page for details).