Recreation Center Usage and Dates
Due to the demand by various groups for use of the Recreation Center
Gymnasium at Highland Park for indoor sports, the following criteria has
- Application procedure:
- Organizations requesting gym time must completely fill out the
enclosed Facility Agreement.
- Agreement must list first and second choices for specific dates
and times requested.
League play - No limit
Team play - 1 1/2 hours
Practice sessions - 1 1/2 hours
- Requests must be received by the Parks and Recreation Department
no later than September 1st.
- Notification of facility applicants will be made the week of
- Incomplete Facility Agreement forms will be returned and may
jeopardize your selection.
- Confirmed users must submit rosters and insurance certificates at
least two weeks prior to use of the facility. No play will occur
until these are received!
NOTE: User selection will be based on a random selection
process maximizing the use of the facility.
Town of Union Parks & Recreation programs have priority. To
assist us in scheduling, please indicate your group’s priority number
on the upper right corner of the Facility Agreement Form using the
numbers listed below.
The usage priorities will be as follows:
- Town of Union based leagues comprised exclusively of Town
- Town of Union based leagues comprised of a majority of Town
- Town of Union based teams comprised exclusively of Town residents*
- Town of Union based teams comprised of a majority of Town
- All others
*Addresses will be verified
Leagues will be given priority to maximize the number of players
utilizing the facility.
Prior usage will not be a determining factor in selection process in
order to assure every organization a fair chance to be allotted gym
Recreation Center Fees (Subject to Change)
Resident - $35.00/hour
Non-Resident - $45.00/hour
Additional Requirements For Use of Recreation Center.
- Reservations are finalized only after insurance certificates and
required fees have been received by the Parks & Recreation
- No fees, charges, or donations may be collected from spectators of
the game or event.
- All refuse must be collected and placed in the proper receptacles
before leaving the reserved area. Failure to do so may result in the
revocation of permits.
- No person shall use any violent, obscene or profane language while
on park property, nor shall anyone conduct himself in a disorderly
manner or commit any nuisance. Such occurrences may result in the
revocation of permits and the arrest of such individuals.
- All persons are expected to make careful and prudent use of park
facilities and will be held responsible for all damage to
persons or property.
- Any violation of park policy, rules or regulations may be cause
for revocation of Recreation Center use.
- The Parks & Recreation office shall be notified of any
perceived safety hazards as soon as they are noticed.
- Failure to use the Recreation Center as scheduled my result in the
revocation of permit and refusal to issue permit for succeeding
seasons. Contact the Parks & Recreation office immediately if
there is a cancellation or the Recreation Center will not be used.