8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Commissioner of Public Works - Lou Caforio 786-2952
Deputy Commissioner of Public Works-Engineering - Jay Harris 786-2953
Assistant Engineer - Patrick Horvatt 786-2951
Administration Assistant - Mary Bricker 786-2950
Fax – 786-2350
The Town of Union Engineering Department is responsible for a multitude of services.
- An annual curb and gutter and sidewalk replacement contract is let each spring to replace damaged curb and gutter and sidewalks.
- The design and inspection of total street reconstruction and storm and sanitary sewer replacement projects.
- Working directly with the Highway Department with their milling and resurfacing program to replace damaged curbs and gutters.
- Reviewing site plans to verify Town Code is being met.
- Reviewing subdivision plans to verify Town Code is being met in addition to inspecting construction of subdivisions to confirm proper installation of utilities and roadways.
- Assisting general public with general engineering problems.
Work directly with Planning Department, Sewer Department, Parks Department, Code Enforcement/Permits and Highway Department assisting with any engineering issues.
New policy for bidders awarded contracts that deal in excavating within the Town of Union's Right-of-Way (Please click on link to read).