Town Clerk's Office
- There is
a 24 hour waiting period from the time you apply for the license
until you may be married.
- License is valid for 60 days, beginning the day after it is
- If both applicants are 18 years of age or older, no consents are
- If either applicant is between the ages of 16 or 17 years, both
parents must sign consent form. If parents are divorced, the parent
with sole custody may sign affidavit upon presenting proof of
- If either applicant is between the ages of 14 or 15 years, there
must be a Family Court Order, signed by a Judge.
- It is illegal for anyone under 14 years of age to marry in New
- Must present two forms of ID:
- Birth Certificate is required.
- Second form of ID accepted:
- Driver's License
- School/Work ID
- All previous divorce papers.
- Fee $40.00
- Hours - 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM